Thursday, June 14, 2007

Response to Marvin's Question:

“Do you also keep track of the time you spend doing stretches and exercises? If you spend 1 hour per day practicing, do you do much other exercise?”

Hi Marvin. Thanks for asking. I don’t keep track of how much time I devote to stretching or other exercises, but that’s certainly another option. The only thing outside of logging my daily martial arts training routine that I keep track of is the amount of push-ups that I do (minimum of 100 per day).

In terms of other exercise, martial arts are my passion so about 99% of my exercise is through the martial arts. I do have two young daughters (ages 2 and 5) so they definitely keep my active. I also do some occasional long distance biking but the vast majority of my cardiovascular workouts are via continuous sparring or long forms.

I will post a similar question on my new Kenpo forum and see what other people are doing. Please click here: http://kenpo.amkbb.com/index.php?mforum=kenpo