Friday, August 27, 2010

Jamie Seabrook - Double Dragon Short Stick 1

New Videos and UFC 118 Predictions

As mentioned over several blogs, I am in the process of putting up several weapons forms on you tube. Here is my most recent video of me performing ‘Double Dragon Short Stick 1” (Surng Longe Doon Gwan Yut Lo), a Green Belt Weapons Form in the Black Dragon System of Kung Fu, of which I am also a Black Belt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHBc7iVJdNI


In addition, here is another video of me sparring with Chris Newsome, one of my Green Belts in American Kenpo Karate, who will be promoted to 3rd Degree Brown Belt in the next few weeks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkAebtq2loA


As for UFC 118, there are really three big fights that I am interested in. In the main event, I predict we will see a much better and more prepared challenger in BJ Penn, and that he will regain the title that he lost from Frankie Edgar in his last fight. I think the fight will be a close one, however, as Edgar wants to prove that he can beat Penn again. In retrospect, I truly don’t feel like Edgar did enough to win the title in their last fight, but that is what can happen when fights go the distance and to the score cards. In the semi-main event, I predict Randy Couture will beat James Toney, especially if the fight goes into the second or third round. Clearly, Couture is going to want to take Toney down to negate Toney’s stand-up boxing strikes. At the same time, Couture needs to be very careful in that first round not to get clipped hard by one or several of Toney’s KO shots. Finally, despite the tremendous success of Kenny Florian, I think that Gary Maynard will beat Florian, most likely on the ground or possibly by decision.