Monday, May 9, 2011

Amazing Vacation!!




I just got back yesterday from an amazing vacation with my family in Florida. The weather was awesome! We were gone for a full two weeks, and spent much of our time swimming and hanging out by the pool. We also spent a full day at Disney World (Magic Kingdom). I really liked Splash Mountain and Space Mountain (although, admittedly, the latter freaked me out!!).

It was awesome spending so much time with my beautiful wife, Chantel, and my lovely daughters, Morgan and Madison. I swear Chantel gets more gorgeous by the day!! My father-in-law, Glenn, also came with us, as did some very close friends of ours (the Baker’s).

Two hilarious things that I will remember about my daughters on this trip were: (1) Madison doing the Macarena for 30 cents in front of everyone at the pool; and (2) Morgan was laughing hysterically on Splash Mountain thinking that Justin was so scared on the ride for the first time!!

As this is a Kenpo blog, I should also mention that I had plenty of free time to train hard. Here is what I did over the past 2 weeks:

446 self-defense techniques (including the entire system with extensions), taught 3 private lessons, Blocking Set 1 (4X), Blocking Set 2 (4X), Kicking Set 1 (2X), Kicking Set 2 (2X), Coordination Set 1, Coordination Set 2, Finger Set 1 (4X), Finger Set 2 (2X), Striking Set 1 (2X), Striking Set 2 (2X), Stance Set 1 (3X), Stance Set 2 (3X), Staff Set, Short Form 1 (5X), Short Form 2 (3X), Short Form 3 (2X), Long Form 1 (2X), Long Form 2 (2X), Long Form 3, Long Form 4 (3X), Long Form 5, Long Form 6, Long Form 8, Book Set, Tiger and Crane (2X), Breathing Law (2X), 6 days of weight training, 380 pushups, and 380 sit-ups.