Thursday, March 1, 2007

Jamie Seabrook Seminars – March 23, 2007 and April 14, 2007

I will be conducting two martial arts seminars on March 23 in London, Ontario at the Berkshire Club.

The first seminar is a short one, and will be for kids only. It will run from 6:00-6:40pm and I will be teaching sparring strategies against various types of opponents. While sparring gear is not mandatory for the event, please have your child bring gear if he/she has it. The cost of the seminar is $10.

The second seminar is for adult intermediate/advanced level ranks and will run from 6:45-8:30pm. All martial art styles are welcome. I will be teaching one of Kung Fu’s most revered forms, Fu Hok Surng Ying, commonly known as the Tiger and Crane form. The cost of the seminar is $20.

On April 14, I will be conducting three seminars in Cambridge, Ontario at Karate for Christ Canada.

The first seminar will run from 9:00-10:15am, and I will be teaching children the American Kenpo Karate set, Striking Set 1.

The second seminar is for teens and adults and goes from 10:30-11:30am. I will be teaching street self-defense techniques in this seminar, with a focus on self-defense concepts, principles, and theory.

The last seminar is for instructors and runs from 11:45-1:00pm. During this seminar, I will teach dynamic blocking by way of Blocking Sets 1 & 2. No knowledge of these sets is necessary prior to the seminar. If time permits, I will demonstrate how control manipulations and releases can be found within these sets.

If you are interested in the London and/or Cambridge seminars, please correspond with me by email at: jamieseabrook3@hotmail.com